Monday, April 30, 2012

Tonsilectomy and Adnoidectomy a Success!

Chris and I went in to the Hospital this morning for his surgery and suprisingly, everything went fine. I was nervous about the doctors putting him under anesthesia because I didn't want him to quit breathing or something during the surgery, but luckily, the doctor said that they would put a breathing tube inside Landons throat that would continue his breathing if he were to quit breathing.
He did extremely well for the surgery, but I really am glad that it is ALL OVER! This past weekend, Chris and I were trying to prepare for Landons surgery by explaining to him what would be happening when he got the hospital. We also bought him a new Buzz Light Year gun that shoots balls so that he could shoot the doctor and feel more confortable with him. lol He also got new jammies, and a few other things from the hospital, like new cars, stuffed animals, and a new blanket! It seemed like Christmas Morning this weekend because Landon got so many things to help him feel comfortable in the hospital. When Landon left the Operating Room (OR), I could hear him yelling out to me. I asked the nurse if I could run to him, and she told me to stay where I was because he was coming into my room. When he got to our room, we unhooked him from most things he was hooked to, and I just held him and tried to get him to talk to me and focus because he was just waking up from Anesthesia. He was pretty out of it. But when he did come to, he told me that he was sad cause the doctor held him down, and he didn't like that!
The doctor showed us Landons tonsils, and man, they were pretty yucky! He is healing quite well if I might say. He came right home and started yelling and playing with Landon and I'm like...umm, "What he heck, you just had surgery, and your acting like he just woke up for the day, and wanted to play like nothing was wrong. The doctor told us that he'll probably feel his worse around day 6, so lets hope that this whole week of recovery goes well. Attached is a small videeo of his adventure today!
Thanks everyone for your fasts and prayers!

 On the way to the hospital at 6:00 am
 Enjoying the fishtank at the hospital
 Getting ready for surgery
 Ready to shoot the "Doctor"
 Watching tv after the proceedure. If you look closely, you can that he has a little smile from this tv show
 back  in his jammies to go home!...
 Landon, Chris, Mckenna, and Penguin our black chicken all playing in our yard after the surgery today!
Enjoying his chickens for a bit in the backyard!

0 comments: