Wednesday, October 22, 2008

About my pregnancy!

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
In the tub
2- Who was with you? Chris...and Landon before he was big and strong
3- How did you find out that you were pregn​ant? Well, Chris and I had actually planned our pregnancy so...I took a few tests before I found out for sure. I would say I was excited to know...so I took about 5 different tests, and they were all negative...and then one night my chest was hurting really bad at work. I worked for RE/Max Real Estate at the time, and when I got home from work, I took another pee test, and laid it on the counter..and hopped in the tub. Chris came in the bathroom and saw the results before me. All he kept saying was..."WHAT? WHAT? I said, "no way. Really?" I can honestly say though, that even though we planned the pregnancy..i was still quite scared, and nervous at the same time. I was for sure shocked!
4- What was your first​ react​ion to findi​ng out you were pregn​ant?
No way! Your lying! Really?.........I was shocked for sure
5- Your Husba​nds react​on?
He said he was stunned...and shocked. He said, "What?"
6- Who was the first​ person you told?​
I actually tried calling my mom...but she didn't answer so I called Emily. I told her that I thought I was pregnant, but I wouldn't know for sure til that following Monday. She was real snappy with me on the phone, and I thought, Man...she must be mad at me or something. I didn't know at the time that it was because she was sick and pregnant too. hahaha
7-Did you plan to get pregn​ant?
Yep, but I was still shocked...kinda like...ohh gosh, I really am pregnant.
8-Was every​body happy​ for you?
Yes, everybody was really happy...before I knew that Emily was pregnant too, my mom kept telling me that I need to talk to Emily about my pregnancy..but I kept saying no, cause the last time I had talked to her about it, she snapped at me. My family wasn't too worried because I graduated that semester in college.
9. Did you go out and celeb​rate?​
Honestly...I dont even remember. I think we went to Blue Bird Restaurant or something. I really love that place.
10- Did you want to find out the sex?
Yes...I really wanted to know.
11- What was the sex? He's definitely a BOY!
12-Did anyon​e throw​ you a baby showe​r? Of course. I have the best family!
13- If yes, who? My Mom, Brenda, and Briana threw one in Pennsylvania for me, and Chris' mom threw me one in Orem, Utah at her house.
14- Did you get any outfi​ts at the baby showe​r that you just knew you weren​'​t going​ to put on your baby? I actually think I liked them all. Really! It's just cool getting anything...cause it was all new and cute to me.
15- How much weigh​t did you gain? ahh, probably about 30 pounds. I seriously probably gained like 15 the last month and a half.
16- Did you loose​ all of the weigh​t that you gaine​d? Yes, I did...FINALLY. I thought that because I didn't gain a ton, that it wouldn't be hard to get rid of...but that last 10 pounds really was tough. Just like Emily said though, after you have a baby...your body changes shape. Even though I'm back to my normal weight, I don't look the same as I used to.
17- Did you get a lot of stret​ch marks​?Umm, I did get a few..but not too many. I thought it was bad..but others convinced me otherwise. I dont even care about that though. I remember thinking...ohh gosh, I have a stretch mark. They fade and you can't even see them anyways.
18- What did you crave the most? Seriously...I wanted pizza and pasta. Anything saucy. Mmm, I loved it!any kind of italian food ...I loved Bread too!
19- Did you crave​ anyth​ing crazy​? No...not that I can think of at the moment.
20- Who or what got on your nerve​s the most?
I just got tired of people trying to tell me the kind of parent I needed to be. I mean, I'm not an idiot. I have good values, and I am not going to let my kid be around drinking and drugs. I know that my mom's side of the family drinks and stuff..and I dont want my kids involved in that...but that doesn't mean that my kid is never going to know that part of my family. I'm going to let my baby know my mom's side of the family no matter what they're habits might be. I got tired of people telling me that I really need to think about what kind of people my kid was going to be around. I'm like...dude, he's not even born yet. SHUT UP! Notice the annoyied attitude.
21- Were you marri​ed at the time? Yes of course!
22- Did you have any compl​icati​ons durin​g your pregnancy?
Nope. I was healthy the whole time..and so was Landon. I mean, I threw up a lot...but that was expected.
23- Where​ were you when you went into labor​?​ I was sleeping...well, actually I woke up to use the bathroom, and when I went...I noticed that my water had just broken. It was 3 in the morning...and I didn't know what was happening. I hurried to wake my mom up (because she was visiting me and Emily at the time) and she would know best if I was in labor. I noticed a little blood, and my mom said...umm, I think your in labor....so then Chris woke up, and he grabbed the diaperbag...and we headed to the hospital. I wasn't in any pain though, so I didn't even know I was in Labor. We hurried to the New Women's Center in Logan, Utah. . . and it was the first night that that place had opened...so that was an experience. The nurses had no idea where the towels were or anything...and my water was leaking all over the floor. Gross huh? Girls you can't help that when your pregnant. Your body does whatever it wants to do.
24- Did your water​ break​? Yep!
25- Who drove​ you to the hospi​tal? My mom and my husband Chris
26- Did you go early​ or late? I went into labor 8 days early.
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth​?
Umm Chris...and then some students learning...and then the nurses of course. Right after I gave Birth...Chris' mom showed up.
28- Was it video​ taped? Heck NO...but they did whip out the mirror. I didn't look though. That's gross!
29- Did you have any drugs​ for the pain? Heck yeah. There's no way I could've done it without the epidural. I didn't feel much...just pressure!
30-Did you go Natur​al or have a c-​secti​on? natural​
31- What was your first​ react​ion after​ giving​ birth​? I just remember thinking...everyone leave! I just wanted to be alone..with my baby. I didn't want people around while I tried breastfeeding. Figures...everyone would come...and Landon had trouble breathing! I'm just the type of person who wants to be alone when something goes wrong. Landon had trouble breathing, and he was in the ICU for a week. The doctor had no idea what was wrong with him, and that was scarey. I just wanted to deal with it alone and with Chris. It was such a personal trial... I just wanted to deal with it as a family.
32- How big was the baby(s)? 5 pounds 15 ounces
33- Did your Husba​nd cry? No
34- What did you name the baby(s)? Landon Christopher
35- Did the baby(s) have any compl​icati​ons? Yes, He had trouble breathing, and had Juandice.
36- How old is your baby today? He'll be one this Saturday...October 25th.
37- When is the next one(s) comin​g?I have no idea. Everyone says that having kids about two years apart is the best way to do it...so hmm...maybe we'll try for another one in about a year or something. Who knows!
38-​If you could​,​ would​ you do it all over again​?​ Definitely...someday!

0 comments: