Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bad news/Good news!

So, I first got some bad news. While Landon and I were visiting in Utah, he got a little bit of a bug..and he's had a high fevor for a few days. Every night for the past 2 nights, Landon has had a temperature of about 104. It's even got so high as up to 104.8, that was this morning around 7:30am. I called the doctor, and all he pretty much says is that I have to stick it out because usually all doctors can do for a fevor is to give the baby medacine, and I can do that at home. He said that if the temperature spikes after tonight, then for me to take Landon in to the clinic, and they will do some blood samples.

The good news is, it seems that Landon's fevor has gone away for the moment. The doctor says that it's normal for the fevor to go away during the day...so all I can do is...keep switching between Tylenol and IB Profin every 4 hours..and hopefully it works. If not, they'll have to give him an antibiotic. He's been sleeping a lot, and I'm happy for that because he hasn't really slept much since his fevor started.

It was so weird today because Landon's fevor was pretty high, up to 103.5...and I put some lotion on him...some cool wipes on his face..and then laid him back down..and when he woke up this afternoon, I noticed him calling for me. He said, "Maaa", and when I went into his room, he was standing up in his crib. That's the first time i've seen him stand or get up at all in 24 hours. He's been pretty lethargic for awhile. Anyways, you have no idea how happy I was to see my baby boy get up and smile. :)
Anyways, I just wanted to give you the status on how my week has been since I've been back to Colorado.


1 comments:

Becky said...

Dang. That's so hard, I hope he feels better soon!! Nothing sadder than a sick baby...