Saturday, December 13, 2008

VAg Architects and Planning Party...check this out!




So last night we went to VAg's party. It was actually a lot of fun! I had Prime Rib...which isn't the best. It was totally NOT COOKED...so Emily if you read this, dont ever get Prime Rib! It's all fat AND the meat is RED and BLOODY! Ugh, Chris liked it, but I dont like my meat like that. I made them cook it more. I felt bad even asking. The waiter looked at me like I was nuts. The waiter said that they dont usually overcook prime Rib. Who knows though...I made them do it for me. It was gross all bloody and stuff. Chris ended up getting Surp-n-Turf. It was a lobster/shrimp Filet minon...however you spell that. Anyways, we shared dinners...and had a good time.
They gave away white elephant gifts...and previously drew people's names. This lady named Suzanne had Chris' name and she knows that we're huge Steeler fans. She's a Bronco's fan..so she made Chris AND Landon dress up as a Bronco Barrel....Check out Landon. The cardboard was too big on him. He couldn't even stand up. He didn't know WHAT I was doin to him when I put on his outfit. The barrel said "Steelers SUCK" and had this huge Bronco on the front. Check out the pics.
Look what they had him read aloud!

A few years ago, I was sitting in my living room watching a Steeler Game. All of a sudden, a highlight clip of a Broncos game came on. A feeling of joy and excitement came over me and took me by suprise. I thought perhaps it was just delayed adrenaline and anxiety from watching the Steelers get crushed by the Eagles, so I didn't think much of it.
After some time, I realized I had never experienced that kind of excitement before. I had been a Steelers fan all my life, but maybe something was wrong. While I started paying more attention to Broncos highlights, I realized how great I felt and how amazing the Broncos were. . . John Elway, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharp, Ed McCaffrey. I realized that moment that I had been lying to myself my whole life.
I tried to bury the thoughts and emotions, but after a while I couldn't take it anymore. About a year ago, I told my wife that to feel any kind of accomplishment in my life, I had to move to Colorado and become the new Barrel Man.
Now I can accomplish my dream and share the wonderful experience and life goal with my son. We are now a duo of tradition and dedication to the team I love. "GO BRONCOS!!!"