Monday, December 1, 2008

The worst thing happened!

OH my gosh! So tonight, Chris came home from work...with a letter from his job. . . yep! You heard it from me first. They laid him off! I'm stressing out because I dont know what the future holds for us at the moment. I applied for 3 different jobs at Vail Valley Mountain Medical Center tonight. I'm hoping they'll call me about a position. I found a phone number on the internet...and so I'll try calling them tomorrow. They are offering full time positions in all three jobs that I applied for. Even if I work full time, we probably wont make as much as we did previously. Chris plans on working my job at the church if i get a job at the medical center because he can take Landon with him.
I really can't even believe that this happened. It's a freakin shame! We moved here because they offered us a certain salary...and then 2 months later, they cut him 20%...and then on the 3rd month...they lay him off. WHAT? Are you kidding me?
I felt so bad tonight. Chris was so upset. He was afraid to tell me...I know he feels bad...kinda like it's his fault. But, i know better. It's not his fault...it's the stupid ECONOMY...and I have faith that it'll get better. I just hope that in the meantime...we can pay our bills. Sometimes things get hard...but with faith...we can overcome anything. Even if I have to work at McDonalds again....i'll do it because it'll be for our family. Chris can stay home and collect ALL OF THE UNEMPLOYMENT he needs to..while I work hard for the family. He does so much for my family, and even though they laid him off, I'm proud of him. He's so talented. It's just a shame that this whole country is falling apart. Tons of people are effected by it. It's messed up!

3 comments:

Mason Clan said...

Oh my gosh! Chrissy i am so sorry!! Call me!

Loots said...

Don't work at McDonalds again. Find a restaurant like Applebee's. You'll like it so much better and make a lot more per hour. (after tips)

Erin said...

I'm so sorry, and we can totally relate! Jeremy lost his job the day I found out I was pregnant with our second baby! We were in Texas and it was scary, away from family, etc. But, things have worked out. It takes some time, but they do work out. Chris should call Jeremy, he can really help out. Hang in there!