Monday, December 8, 2008

So...listen to this..I got offered a few jobs...and the bishop is telling me not to take them. He said that I need to give Chris the opportunity to look for jobs because Landon needs me at home. I agree that Landon needs me at home, but I figured if I got a job, it would be temperary...just until Chris gets a job. I dont know what to do. I agree with Chris' parents...that I need to take the councel of the bishop....BUT what if Chris doesnt get a job for awhile? The bishop wants us both to stay home, and me help Chris to get a job...and he said that the church will pay our bills for awhile until he gets one! I guess we "Could" do that...but I just feel bad having the church help out for awhile.
It was sooooo weird. On Sunday, the bishop called us both into his office and asked how the job search was going...and I said.."GREAT!" I just got offered a job in my field...and I still have the opportunity to take the Salary job...and he looked me right in the eyes...and said, "I know this is going to be a test of faith here, but I really dont think you should take a job right now." Me and Chris looked at each other...like "WHAT?" I'm confused. Why not take a job offer. I mean, we need to pay our bills! He said...trust me, I know it sounds scary but you have to have faith in this.
I was sooo confused! I truely believe that the bishop gets inspiration from God, and I think that maybe we really should take him up on his offer. Its been a really hard decision for us...but we're going to go through with it, with faith, and hope that he gets offered something good...soon! I really know that my testimony of TITHING has grown a ton from this trial, and I am so grateful for the church! It's nice that because we pay our tithing...and we help others...that the church comes together to help us out! It's just such a testimony builder to me. Anyways, if any of you have any comments...please leave your input.

1 comments:

Dave and Natasha said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I did get the last comment you wrote before. Anyway, as I was reading this post I was thinking of a book that I just LOVE and it totally goes along with what your bishop is saying. It's "Remembering Wholeness" by Carol Tuttle. She talks about the laws of attraction and applies them more to latter day saints. One thing that she talks about is leaving room for the things that you want to come into your life... so if you want Chris to get a job and you not have to work, then just imagine that it's already worked out that way and live as if it's already happened. With the laws of attraction and your faith, the Lord will bring those things into your life. He's said "ask and it shall be given, knock and it shall be opened unto you." I think this is a bigger statement than we think. I think it can apply to all areas of our lives! All we have to do is ask and believe that it's already happening! Good luck with Chris' job hunting and I'm sure something good is just waiting for you guys!