Thursday, December 4, 2008

Job Search

So yesterday, I went to Coscto and talked to them about a job...and they said that their corporation put a Freeze on hiring anyone else until after the holidays. Too bad! While I was there, I got a call from a Alissa (a girl I babysit for) and she says, "Wendys is hiring". I'm like...."Ohhhh gosh, I dont even wanna go that low..and have to work in Fast Food". I used to be a manager at McDonalds while I was finishing up College, and so I have some experience. Chris talked me to driving up to the Wendy's store to get an application. I totally did not want to go in and get an application. Chris said, "I'll do it. I'll get one to apply for myself". And I said..."No...it's okay. I used to work in fast food........I'll just do it." So I went inside and talked to the General Manager, and he told me that there is actually a Salary position available at $35,000 starting. I was excited to know that it was at least a salary position becuase then I know that we would have some money coming in monthly for all of our bills . I REALLY dont wanna for in Fast food...but if I have to for a few months I will. I also applied for 2 county jobs, and 3 hospital jobs in my degree...but most of the hospital jobs are already taken...or I dont have "enough" experience. I'll have to see about the County jobs still though. Also, last night, Chris noticed a posting over the internet for a job in Vail that is for a Landscape Irrigation Technician. I guess they start out between $35-50,000. The job posting was actually just posted yesterday...and he quickly applied...He seriously has all of the qualifications that he needs. The company wanted someone who was Bilingual also, and he totally can speak Spanish fluently...so it was great! I think he has a really good chance of getting this job. He's going to call the Recruiter today...and have him look over his resume and cover letter...and then hopefully get an interview. I really think that Chris has a great opportunity to get this job.
Anyways, if you can, please pray that Chris gets this job...so that I dont have to work at Wendy's! hahaha I mean, being an Assistant Manager would be alright....i guess...because they dont just flip burgers...but it'll be a lot of work....and take a lot of my time away from the family because I'd have to work whatever hours they would want. At least at McDonalds...i got to make my schedule. I could be working late everynight! And sometimes with a Salary Position in a place like that....you have to put in like 50+ hours in a week. I guess i'll have to do it though...IF I HAVE TO...because I LOVE my family. I'll do anything for them. Can ya tell? haha

0 comments: