Sunday, March 8, 2009

HECTIC WEEKEND!

So this weekend has been a LONG ONE! Let me tell you....
Chris and I have been earning extra money by babysitting for this lady named Elissa who has 4 kids under the age of 4 yrs. Anyways, Alissa and her husband went to Michigan for a wedding and so she's paying me to watch her kids while she's out of town. Today is Sunday, and we have been babysitting her family since 5:30am Friday morning. Elissa called today and said that her connecting flight to Denver from Chicago is delayed from the weather..which means that she'll be home later than we planned. They were planning on being here around 8pm, but...who knows, they could get here tomorrow. It's been really frusterating cause Friday night...each kid got up in the middle of the night for one reason or another. Around 1am, their youngest Charlie got up and wanted a bottle, so I gave him one...but it took awhile to get back to sleep. He screamed and cried, and then woke up Landon, who was sleeping in our room. Then..Lydia, (one of the twin 4 yr old girls) got up and climbed into bed with Chris and I around 3am...THEN...Carter (the 3 year old boy) got up and was playin in the bathroom in the water at 4am trying to brush his teeth. He went to bed really early friday night. I thought he was just napping, and he slept until I went to bed, so he never had a chance to brush his teeth. He kept saying, "I need to brush my teeth". I said, "Carter, you dont need to brush your teeth, it's 4:00 in the morning." and then of course he started his whining. It was sooooo annoying! So...of course I just let him finish brushing his teeth. Then, Audrey peed the bed, so I had to deal with that the next morning!
Then, every kid got up at 6am for the day. I felt bad for Chris cause he's been working like 60+ hours a week and the kids did NOT let him sleep. Then... last night I had to get ALL of the kids bathed and changed for bed...and that was a handfull. Think about it, I had two 4 year olds, one 3 year old, and two 1 year olds to bath and get their hair blow dryed. It wore me out! Then today...I had to get them all ready for their church, and then get myself to my own church along with my own family. It was sucky! If it were up to me, I would have probably just skipped today cause it was such a hassle getting EVERYONE READY on time, and trying to find shoes and pack diaperbags and get them fed. It was stressful. But I teach the 6 year olds in Primary so I HAD to be there! Chris and I had to take 2 separate cars to church cause I had to stay the whole time, and he had to come back to their house to be here when the kids got home from church. . . and then of course to make it even more hectic...Chris' phone died in church, and my keys to my car were in the diaperbag..and he took the diaperbag and Landon to their house, so I didn't have a way home from church. A nice family from our Ward brought me to their house...and then Chris had to go back to work...and so right now the kids are napping...well, not all of them, the others are sitting right next to me watching "Open Season". Man, I can't wait for today to be over with. I'll tell you what. I am soooo beat. Remind me NEVER to have 5 kids under the age of 4years. It'll never happen..I'll tell you that much. But anyways, wish us luck that we get tons of money! We deserve it!

0 comments: