Friday, March 13, 2009

Scarey DAY!

So today was the scarest day ever for me and my family! I went babysitting at 9:30 this morning, and Landon was alright. We got him out of bed and he was acting normal. Well....to make a long story short, he's had a fevor for a few days...but it spiked today and he had a Fevoral Seizure. It was the scarest thing ever. I watched him lose consciousness and turn blue, and I'm telling you, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I really thought he was dying. No joke...and I called 911. The ambulance came to the house where I was babysitting and took us to the hospital. The father of the little boy I was babysitting was downstairs working so he just watched his own kid while we went to the Hospital. But, Man, it was the scarest day of my life cause I thought I was losing my child. I can't explain the horror I had in my head and in my heart when he quit breathing. His eyes rolled back in his head, and he bit down really hard, and was unconscious for about a minute. I know that it's not long...but it seems like eternity when its happening. And even after he came to..., he was loopy and he looked cross-eyed. I thought he had brain damage...but he doesnt. I guess that's what people look like when they're coming out of a seizure. Trust me, it's not a site that you ever want to have to see! I've never been so scared in my whole life.
Right now, Landon is asleep in his room, and he's safe and okay! But...we have to keep a close watch on him for the next 48 hours and we have a drs apt tomorrow to check on him again. If you would like, please keep him in your prayers. We would appreciate it. Thanks!

0 comments: